Today is the day that all pilots, crew and staff at Virgin Balloon Flights have been waiting for since the end of the 2011 flying season – it’s the first day of the 2012 hot air balloon ride flying season – hooray!
Up and down the UK our pilots and crew have been busy primping and preening their balloons and baskets over the last few months in preparation for what we hope will be a record year of balloon rides for Virgin Balloon Flights.
This season we have some lovely new pilots, balloons and exciting new launch sites to add to our already impressive collection. Take a look at our spectacular Dogmersfield launch site in Hampshire for example which launches from the stunningly beautiful Four Seasons Hotel. If there’s an aviation enthusiast in your family then a balloon ride from Old Buckenham Airfield in Norfolk is the perfect launch site to choose.
With Mother’s Day hot on our heels and the Diamond Jubilee to celebrate this year we’re hoping to see lots of new faces in our baskets.
So instead of looking up at our big red balloons flying gracefully through the skies and dreaming of what a fabulous view its passengers must have – come and join us up here for a very special journey you’ll remember forever.
See you soon!
Balloon Ride Prices | Balloon Ride Video | The Ballooning Experience | Balloon Launch Locations
There’s nothing better than letting Mum know just how much you care and Mother’s Day is the perfect way to celebrate maternal bonds and honour motherhood. For hundreds of years throughout the world, festivals and revelries have taken place to celebrate the influence of mothers in society and give people an excuse to simply spoil their Mum.
Virgin Balloon Flights have a range of gifts for Mother’s Day from less than a fiver and we’re currently offering a whopping 30% off our hot air balloon rides!
So whether you choose luxury Virgin Balloon Flights Champagne truffles at £3.49, a sparkling wine and chocolates hamper reduced from £29.99 to £24.99 or a balloon ride itself from as little as £89 per person, we’ll make sure Mum gets an experience of a lifetime.
Make the gift that little bit extra special this Mother’s Day and present Mum’s luxury hot air balloon ride vouchers in a Balloon in a Box for just £14.99… what more could she want?!
With flights from over 100 launch sites in England, Scotland and Wales, Mum’s adventure is never too far from home.
Call us now on 0844 8448080 or visit virginballoonflights.co.uk
Ballooning is one of the oldest, most romantic forms of aviation and we here at Virgin Balloon Flights have shared this gorgeous experience with thousands of lovely passengers over the years.
Each flying season we hear about a collection of new ballooning love stories and a number of in-air marriage proposals from our big red balloons. Hot air ballooning is an experience of a lifetime and the perfect way to see the beauty of Britain from a new perspective with that special someone; flowers sometimes just don’t cut it!
Virgin’s new Facebook app ‘Virgin First Valentimes’ recalls your first times with a friend or loved one, and we’ve been getting our staff to reminisce about their first Virgin Balloon Flight as well as sharing their Facebook FirstTimes with their other half.
You too can enjoy a romantic hot air balloon ride from one of our 100+ launch sites in England, Scotland & Wales from as little as £89 per person. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Last week we blogged about 8 year old Olivia Staveley being the lucky winner of a pair of Virgin Balloon Flight vouchers for her superb entry into the Burnley Express draw dad competition.
The talented youngster was smiling ear to ear when she received her prizes outside the Charter walk Shopping Centre this week, let’s hope dad loved them!
Once again, well done Olivia!
No one loves surprises more than us. When someone gives you a gift and you have no idea what it is, it makes opening it really, really exciting.
Our hot air balloon rides make perfect gifts especially at this time of year when Father’s Day is just around the corner.
Customers who buy our balloon vouchers as a gift often ask if it’ll be obvious what they are when they arrive in the post so as to keep the balloon ride secret until the big day.
Whether it’s a birthday present, an engagement gift or an anniversary surprise Virgin Balloon Flights have taken several steps to help you keep your secret safe. Here’s how:
- Our balloon ride vouchers and packages come in plain packaging with absolutely no branding so no one will ever know what joy awaits them – they are even marked Private & Confidential
- When you order online you’ll be asked how you would like to receive your vouchers – choose Post Only if you share your computer or email account with the gift recipient
- Select our Express Delivery option if you need to know exactly when your tickets will arrive, this costs £6 and you’ll receive a text and email to advise delivery time to the hour! Learn about the best delivery option for you
Virgin Balloon Flights Voucher, Wallet and Souvenir Brochure
Helpful Tips to Ensure the Perfect Gift Experience
- Select Post Only option on our website so no email confirmations are sent which may be seen by prying eyes
- You can buy a voucher and book a flight for your loved one if you know when they can fly, the most efficient way to do this is to get tickets by email and post by choosing the Email and Post option in your shopping basket, minding your Inbox if you do
- If you book the flight as well for your loved one remember if you want to keep the flight quiet until the very last moment you’ll have to call our flight line beforehand to check if the flight is going ahead
- Have timing and routes to the launch site planned beforehand, don’t forget we may launch from a back up site so make sure you know where these are too – all info will be on your booking confirmation
- Check what days and times your gift recipient can fly as this’ll affect the type of voucher you buy for them
- Use your SnapFish voucher to print up to 40 free digital prints of your loved one’s airborne adventure and/ or see the pilot for a commemorative photo of everyone on the balloon ride taken mid-flight as the perfect memento
- Remember to tear off the little perforated tab in the right hand corner of your vouchers if you want the face value to be kept schtum from your gift recipient
The only thing we can’t help you with is keeping your secret shush until the big day. Don’t let the cat out of the bag and enjoy the look of excitement on your loved one’s face when the surprise unravels.
There's nothing quite like a ride in a big red balloon as the perfect gift
For most of us, from the moment we’re born, there is one woman that answers to our every need, she feeds us when we’re hungry, clothes us when we’re cold and wipes our tears when we cry…
How do we repay her?
If you’re looking for an amazing Mother’s Day gift, make a great gesture this year and give your Mum the gift of a lifetime; a champagne balloon ride from Virgin Balloon Flights is the perfect way to show her how much you care.
Mum’s adventure includes a three to four hour experience with one hour’s flying time and a traditional champagne toast when she receives her flight certificate signed by Sir Richard Branson and her pilot. Alternatively, you can treat your lovely Mum to a stylish ‘Celebration package’ which includes Virgin goodies and an engraved crystal champagne flute.
Go on, make Mum smile J
It’s the British Heat Foundation’s (BHF) Wear Red Day and Virgin Balloon Flights have decided to get stuck in in the best way we know how…eating! And wearing red. The office looks decidedly corporate this morning and if anyone walked in they’d think we’d gone a little Virgin crazy, but wait, this very public display of red is for an altogether different reason. Today we’re we’re raising money for Red for Heart which is the British Heart Foundation’s campaign to raise money for heart disease. The BHF’s vision is:
Within a generation, we will create a world where people do not die prematurely of heart disease. We will achieve this through our pioneering research, our vital prevention activity and by ensuring quality care and support for people living with heart disease. We need you to share our vision because, together, we really can beat heart disease.
And to help them achieve this we’ve had a day of eating cakes beautifully designed and baked by Simply Love Cupcakes, quizzes and bingo.
Virgin Balloon Flights tucking in
Simply Love Cupcakes very yummy cup cakes
We hope that the money we raised helps the BHF achieve their vision and wish the Foundation every success with future campaigns.