Virgin Balloon Flights
are supporting an up and coming charity youth centre aimed at young adults in memory of local 21 year old Danny Reynolds.
Sadly Danny lost his life as a passenger in a car accident last November, when the young driver was above the legal alcohol limit. Danny’s mother Di, has since set the wheels in motion to start the Danny Reynolds centre in Stafford that will be aimed at young adults aged 13-25. The centre will include the following facilities:
A free gym facility
with a personal trainer to include self-defence classes by a qualified instructor.
A drop in centre
– providing advice and signposting for benefits, education, training , voluntary work and housing advice.
Chill out zone
- to give young people alternative options to alcohol, pubs, clubs and drugs, anti-social behaviour and links to crime.
- drugs awareness, alcohol awareness, speed awareness, independent living skills, sexual health awareness and any further accreditation training from external agencies.
A free childcare facility
- aimed to provide young parents in this age group with a facility that is free including the socially deprived to enable them to access centre facilities.
- aimed to be run by young people in this age group to include them in local communities and provide them with pastoral care.
- a safe environment for young people to access after bereavement, which will include free usage for external agencies to use for counselling in all areas including unemployment and financial issues.
On the 28th
October, a Reggae night will be held at The Westway pub in Stafford to start raising funds for the centre; this will be where supporters get the chance to bag a pair of Virgin Balloon Flights
which can be used at any of our 100+ launch sites in England, Scotland and Wales.
For further information on how to support this cause please email Di Reynolds on firstname.lastname@example.org
. For information regarding balloon flights visit www.virginballoonflights.co.uk