Our new launch location at Hatfield house in Hertfordshire gives an incredible overview of one of the ten treasure houses of England with heaps of English history.
Some examples of the history:
• The old Palace was built in 1485 by the Bishop of Ely, John Morton. Henry VIII acquired the Palace in 1538 and used it as a nursery for his three children.
• In 1558 Queen Elizabeth I was sitting under an oak tree in Hatfield Park when she learnt of her succession to the throne of England.
• Hatfield House was built in 1611 by Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury, who was one of Elizabeth I’s most important advisors. Cecil used material from the Old Palace, part of which is still standing today, to build the present house.
• Hatfield house is home to The Rainbow Portrait - The most colourful Tudor portrait of Elizabeth I – painted by Macrus Gheeraerts the younger with the inscription “No rainbow without the sun”
Hatfield house is the closest location we have to London and is the perfect alternative to a London hot air balloon ride as it almost impossible to fly over with the extensive airspace restrictions. However, depending on the wind direction, who knows! You may find that you can see the London skyline in the distance!
That being said, the views you’ll find in London don’t compare to the awe-inspiring views you’ll see while flying high over Hatfield house with their many intricate gardens, lakes, rivers and historic architecture.
Hatfield house also runs different events throughout the year and often opens its gates for people to walk around their gorgeous park, of which has 3 different woodland walks ranging from 1-3 miles. Their grounds are open from Thursday – Sunday 10:30 – 5 so feel free to check out their parks and gardens if you’re ever passing by!
One of our favourite outdoor events they run is their beekeeping experience where you’ll get “suited and booted to discover the secrets of one of the most important and fascinating creatures on the planet” As well as getting up close an personal to their buzzy little friends they’ll also provide you with hot drinks, cakes and a two course lunch + honey tasting.
- Take Life higher on the spectacular sky high experience of a lifetime
- Float on air for around an hour, with breath-taking views of stunning UK landscapes
- Get stuck in with your fellow passengers to help with balloon inflation and deflation (But it’s optional!)
- Toast your airborne adventure with a Celebratory glass of prosecco when you come back down to earth
- Go up, up and away from any of our 100+ location across the country
The sky's the limit when you take life higher on a spectacular hot air balloon ride with the UK’s premier passenger flights operator. Experience breath-taking views of our beautiful British landscapes on the flying experience of a lifetime. Go wherever the wind takes you for a truly exhilarating airborne adventure you will never forget.
QUESTIONS FOR VIRGIN BALLOON FLIGHTS
For any questions in regards to the day, specific dates, or just general queries please contact Virgin Balloon Flights directly at email@example.com or 01952212750.
DIRECTIONS FOR BOOKED FLIGHTS
Hatfield House is 21 miles from Central London, 7 miles North of the M25 motorway (junction 23) and 2 miles East of the A1(M) (junction 4).
Exit the A1(M) at junction 4 (after the Hatfield Tunnel if travelling from the South) and follow the brown leisure signs for Hatfield House via the A414 and A1000.
For Sat Nav please use AL9 5HX.
As you approach Hatfield House, please follow the brown tourist signs as these will take you to the visitor car park. If your Sat Nav tries to take you through Old Hatfield, please ignore it and rely on the brown tourist signs.
PARKING FOR BOOKED FLIGHTS
Free parking available in George’s Car Park, accessible via George’s Gate Main Vehicle Entrance here
PASSENGER FLIGHT INFORMATION LINE
If you have a flight booked and wish to confirm the status of your flight, please call 01234 867737.