New Year, New You Experiences!
We couldn’t be happier to see the launch of 2016! With the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio
, the UEFA Euro 2016
, our sponsored challenges and of course the 38th annual Bristol Balloon Fiesta
there’s certainly exciting times ahead.
Forget January Blues - use these next few weeks as a time to get motivated and plan the year ahead.
Our moto for this year is ‘take life higher’
– we want to inspire you to do more, see more and experience more.
Time is Precious, Spend it Wisely
There’s a famous saying, ‘time is flying, never to return’ – we can’t believe how fast the years go by here – is it really over 21 years
since we started taking passengers up, up and away?!
Instead of saying ‘we’ll do that at that at some point’, start putting words into action. It could be as simple as getting active or spending more time with family and friends. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to do something adventurous like skydive
or fly in a hot air balloon?
Make 2016 your year.
This air adrenaline guide
also has some great unique adventure ideas
Positive Mind, Positive Life
once said: “There isn’t a flight that goes by when I don’t stare out and thank my lucky stars for what I’m seeing and feeling.”
It’s time we started embracing each experience and be proud of what you’ve done so far.
As well as writing a list of things you’d like to conquer, why not make a note of things you’ve already achieved. It’s undoubtedly not been easy to get to where you are now, so cherish what you have and be proud.
Take a Stroll Away from Your Comfort Zone
It’s too easy to think ‘I’d love to do that, but I’d be too scared’ - why worry about being scared? The feeling of fear just means you’re about to do something really brave.
One of Richard Branson's favourite quotes
is from author Dale Carnegie
who wrote books like How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.
“If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it, go out and get busy.”
Start doing things you wouldn’t normally do and be spontaneous. It could be driving a more scenic route home or booking a last minute trip
wherever there is availability – the world is your oyster.
For more inspiration, check out Richard’s list of famous quotes on challenges.
The Virgin Balloon Flight Basket List 2016
We can’t harp on about conquering your fears and experiencing more without doing it ourselves now can we?!
Here is the first half of our #BasketList for 2016 in aid of The British Lung Foundation
- Face to Face with a Scary Animal – we all have creatures we’re scared of, from rats and snakes to spiders and other creepy crawlies. Some brave volunteers here at Ballooning Towers will face their worst nightmare by handling one of these animals.
- Complete Another Flying Activity – Most of us here have been up, up and away in a beautiful balloon, but what about other flying experience days? We aim to tick a few more of the list.
- Hoopathon Challenge – Great exercise and great fun, we want to spend a whole day hula-hooping our hearts out.
- Unique BBQ – We all love a good BBQ as a fun British summer activity, but burgers and sausages have been done. We’ll be experimenting with new, interesting things to cook on the outside grill.
- Sponsored Walk/Run – We haven’t quite finalised this one yet, but we aim to rake in the miles for our 2016 nominated charity – The British Lung Foundation.
How will you take things higher in 2016? Tell us on social media using the hashtag #TakeLifeHigher for your chance to WIN a surprise prize.